It’s been almost a week since the lockdown was initiated. It may be a while, but given human history, we adjust, adapt and rise.
Being an NGO ourselves, we understand the pressure that comes with running a social organisation during these uncertain times. We created a guide that will help any social entrepreneur navigate through this quarantine.
- Master your pitch Try pitching under 7 mins or in 140 words. After the storm, you will need this edge.
- Think about what aspects of your organisation can completely go online? Strategise and search for online tools
- Create a marketing roadmap You always don’t find time for this. Ideate and go for it.
- Learn digital marketingEquip yourself with the basic know-how and craft better plans.
- Update your funders and board members Here are 8 ways to help you kickstart this conversation.
- Design your annual reportStart now. You will crush it by the time it’s due.
- Host an online team lunch Long-distance relationships are hard (even with employees) But, try!
- Work on your HR StructurePeople are the cornerstone of your org. How can you do better by them? Rope in an expert, maybe.
- Redefine your employee engagement It’s all remote now. How can you make everyone in your team feel motivated & valued?
- Think of your impact measurement framework This is some good down-time to focus on how to measure your on-ground impact and build a strong data collection system.
- Draw up systems and processes As other work slows down, put these building blocks in place along with your team. This is important for your organisation to scale.
- Build for tomorrow What’s your 3-month plan? Where do you see yourself in 18-months? Pen it down
- Rethink your financial strategy This crisis may go on for months. What’s your plan B and C? Embrace the excel sheet and deep dive with a consultant/expert.
- Build your org culture Look at what your culture is like now – can it be better?
- Create a POSH Policy If you are a team of more than 10, this is a must-have.
Spice up your virtual meetings!
Remote working is challenging but these 30 free backgrounds can make your online meetings a fun place to be.
Do a WFH Fitness challenge with the team
10 sit-ups, 10 Pushups, 10 burpees, 10 jumping jacks, 10 lunges (per side). It will only take 15 mins. Have fun!