At UnLtd India, we have adapted to the new way of working and are using every tool at our disposal for our community of social entrepreneurs to feel supported from afar.
Sharing with you how some of our entrepreneurs are taking action on COVID-19
Food & Care
- Oscar Foundation is distributing ration to families in the slums in Cuffe Parade whose daily wages have got impacted due to the lockdown. You can help them reach 200 such families by donating. For more information, contact +919967218287
- Art Room Foundation is providing mid-day meals for children in Dharavi. The mid-day meal format needed to be modified in these circumstances, so they transfer INR 100 each day to the parents of the children for meals. Head to their Instagram account to find out more!
- Swaradhar is supporting its core community of street artists and other visually challenged people. They distributed 2-weeks of ration to 150 visually challenged families in Vangani, village outskirts of Mumbai. They are also providing cooked meals to 50 labours and homeless people in Andheri.
- Vowels of the People Association provided 10 days worth of food grains and other essentials to 330 marginalized families in Ahmadnagar. They are currently running a similar campaign for poor people in Beed (Maharashtra). Reach out to email@example.com to help & contribute
- Taru Naturals is providing home delivery services on essential goods across India (Orders over INR 5000). They are also working on a plan to buy produce from their stranded farmer groups to donate to daily wage workers. You can place your orders here!
- Wingrow Agritech is delivering a box of fresh fruits and vegetables to anyone living in Pune. Book your box today!
- Urmi Foundation is providing meals and cleaning essentials to 1300+ underprivileged families across Mumbai. You can sponsor meals or supplies. Reach out now!
- Ayansh Foundation is helping migrants & daily wage labourers in Thane and central Mumbai to get essentials like ration, hygiene kits, and cash assistance. To date, they have supported 150 migrant workers and 48 families. Additionally, reached out to 30 senior citizens with mobility issues to get groceries and medicines. Help them to continue their work by donating here.
- Khwaab Welfare Trust is providing an alternate stream of livelihoods for women from the Mandawali slum community in Delhi. They are currently producing 2 layered, 100% cotton face masks. Each cotton mask is for INR 20. If you are looking to buy masks for your family, friends, domestic helpers or wish to donate them to a charitable organisation, place your orders today & empower women too! Reach out to them at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 9818620889.
- Vardhishnu – Social Research & Development Society is distributing kits with essential groceries to families in Jalgaon. To date, they have distributed 400+ kits and aim to reach 1000 families by the end of this month. You can help them by donating here.
- If you’re at home with kids and finding it difficult to keep them entertained, Universe Simplified Foundation has compiled a list of activities they’d find interesting.
- Learn to grow microgreens while you are at home! SowGood guides you on how to harvest your own crop in a few simple steps.
- Think Zone is helping families in under-resourced communities of Orissa who have limited access to smartphones by offering resources which they can access from their homes. The program will provide learning activities for kids aged 3-6 to help parents facilitate continued learning at home while Anganwadis are closed. To volunteer & know more, reach out to Binayak: 8750829829
- Slam Out Loud has partnered with Tamuku Alerts to create free online arts-based resources in Hindi and English. This will engage children in hands-on activities, help them share their art, and interact with accomplished artists. Children will receive these resources through a daily WhatsApp message. Click here to sign up & know more.
- Alohomora Education has started a webinar series called #CoronaMeinRukoNa that brings together experts and mentors from diverse professions to take sessions for their students. Head to their Instagram page to volunteer & know more.
- CounSEL is organising a series of webinars and online lectures on the important themes of emotional well-being, leadership, emotional intelligence, and stress management. Write to email@example.com to sign up today!
- Apni Shala is providing social-emotional support in these distressing times. They are producing some SEL resources for the larger online community. You can download and use the resources anytime! You can also donate to help them continue their work or share about their initiatives in your circle of friends.
- Numer8 along with KrishiHub and Satsure have created a platform that enables anyone in the agricultural sector to put up their commodities inventories and gain access to the entire value chain online.
- Toybank has introduced daily #ToybankPlayAtHome sessions. Each #ToybankPlayAtHomeKit have over 14 play sheets to keep children engaged and mentally stimulated. On a daily basis, they reach out to 14,236 children through 694 teachers and 2,347 parents. You can join them and access the kit here.
Health & Well-being
- Worried about keeping children engaged as they stay at home? Arpan is here to support you. Join their WhatsApp groups for parenting and self-care resources: English, Hindi, Marathi. They are also providing free counselling support nationally. Contact: 9819086444
- If you are experiencing any kind of worry, fear, hopelessness or isolation, Mindpiper + I Am is ensuring effective & timely mental and emotional health support for all. Reach out to them for pro bono counselling sessions on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aaji Care has introduced a special WhatsApp program for the elderly during this current lockdown. Through this program, seniors can participate in brain-stimulating activities to stay engaged in a meaningful way. Join now: Group 1, Group 2
- Our Voix is hosting live sessions on their Instagram account every day at 8 pm to help people take care of their mental health during this time of crisis.
- Ekohum Foundation is helping cancer patients who are stuck in Delhi; away from home for their treatment. They are supplying ration, medical supplies, ambulance service, hygiene kits, etc. Reach out to email@example.com to help & contribute
If you aren’t able to get in touch with any of the entrepreneurs directly, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.